Thursday, April 9, 2009

My 9x9 Collection.











When OnMakeupMagazine asked me to do beauty story for the first Spring issue I was both flatterd and excited. One thing I have always noticed in this industry was a lack of women of color featured in beauty stories. It was my goal to find a model with really dark skin and show how you could use color on it. The model I used is named Samira she is from Brazil and repped by Ford Models as well. The photographer Eric Basilio and I wanted to show color but keep the skin clean ,healty , shiny. I was thrilled with the finished product.

The Powder Group asked me to design a color collection inspired by this beauty story . This limited edition collection consist of versatile, multiuse products including Pressed Color Powders for eyes, lips and face, Loose Shimmer Powders to use straight or mix with other mediums to create unique new shades and textures,are ideal for creating subtle sheen on the skin, or as a mixing medium for powder products. My collection is completed with two fabulous nail enamels to really complete the look. It is available for sale at http://www.thepowdergroup.com/. It will also be availale at The Makeup Show NYC , May 17th and 18th ,2009. http://www.themakeupshow.com/.




No comments:

Post a Comment